I recently started a new campaign for D&D called ‘Blood of Elder Race’. I have my reasons for the name of the new campaign. I worked ridiculously hard during the past two months on it; researching fey creatures and the Drows (since my gf was interested in playing a Drow). I had to research elvish culture which I have still not completed. I would have preferred working full time on it but I have a full time job and I was playing the ‘Sunless Citadel’.
Our journey begins aboard The Podargus, a few hundred miles from Emon, on a ship on its way to Tal’dorei. On the upper deck, the bard dandelion is singing is ballad about the 3 girls of his life whom he laid with after he just doing their mother. The song ends with song drunk laughter as a sailor comes together with travelers and nobles. The atmosphere is very jovial.
While everyone is having a good time on the upper deck of the Podargus, a few men were keeping themselves distant from the crowd. Playing a game of card on a barrel. One of them, thew a gold piece at the bard who has paused to receive a few coins as token of appreciation.
- “You told ya to stop, troubadour!? More music! It has brought me nothing but wining hands!”
He is shirtless and has several tooth missing as he is grinning at his opponents and uneven facial hair. The dealer, another fellow sailor, wearing a fez and a white shirt deals one more card to everyone. As he crushes his adversaries, he looks at the crowd who has been listening to Dandelion
- “Anyone of you would like a fair game of Quick Queen’s Call?”
Behind them, under the shadows of her hood, a woman with obsidian skin tone is looking from far as a redhead lady, Korri, and an armed man, Marko, makes the way to the card game.
- “Fair you say? I will see about that but count me in.”
They both sit down in front of the barrel that has been used as table where two cards are dealt.
- “Let’s start with a gold piece each.”
- “Fair enough.”
As the dusk settle on the ship, everyone is already very drunk. A fair amount of men were interested with the redhead who was seemingly unaccompanied and drunkenly dancing on the table. Through persistence and luck, Gustavio, a young man caught Korri as she almost fell from the table. As she struggled to get back on her feet, he went in for a kiss which was immediately haltered by the woman in the hood. Korri used that opportunity to whisper a spell in his ear. Her obsidian skin reflected against the moonlight which just started to shin brighter. The last thing he remembered as he fell unconscious on the ground was her crimson eyes.
Korri got up and brushed her sleeves.
- “Thank you.”
- “You should be more careful among men like these.”
- “True. They are not even my type to begin.”
- “They truly have no manners.”
- “I mean they don’t have boobs.”
- “Where are my manners? Korri, nice to meet you.” she says as she attempts to peer under the hood which causes her new acquaintance to pull it down further.
- “Tara, nice meet you.”
- “Not from around here are you? Don’t worry about it, my adoptive father was a Drow too.”
While everyone is being rock to sleep by Dandelion’s lullaby. The sailors notice that the bard has accumulated quite a pot of gold at his feet. It would be a shame if something happened to him.